Covid-19 Updates -October 18, 2020
To Our Partners and Clients, October 18, 2020
As we all know, COVID-19 continues to affect us every day. And San Juan County’s transmission rate was down to .07) – we know how quickly that number can change. Currently that number has jumped 1.1 to 1.7. in a matter of days.
Desert View team members are preparing for the winter and flu season.
Information to Protect Yourself and Others from COVID-19
What are the symptoms of COVID-19 and should I get tested?
The Department of Health strongly encourages the following groups to get tested:
- Symptomatic people displaying the COVID-19 symptoms of cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, and/or loss of taste or smell.
- Asymptomatic people who are close contacts or household members of New Mexico residents who have already tested positive for the coronavirus;
- Asymptomatic people who live or work in congregate settings such as detention centers and long-term care facilities; and
- Patients who are scheduled for surgery and whose provider has advised them to get tested before the procedure.
What can I do to protect myself from COVID-19?
Just like with many other illnesses, the best way to protect yourself is to wash your hands regularly, to cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue, and when possible, to avoid contact with people who are coughing or sneezing.
Desert View Values:
- We are currently restricting employee travel and limiting our Family Support workers, Wraparound Services and Truancy Court officers the ability to work in the field to mitigate potential exposure and slow the spread of the virus.
- Therapy at the clinic, Family Support Services (in home services), Supervised visitation and exchange, Truancy visits to students and youth engagements for Wraparound continue to mostly be done by Telehealth, Zoom, Google Duo and FaceTime.
- We are seeing less than 25% of clients face to face which includes social distancing and utilizing face masks at all time. All participants (client or staff) are required to complete a pre health screening and temperature check.
We are truly grateful for your support and partnership during this time. As an essential provider we will continue to earn your trust by utilizing best practices through these uncertain days to come.
Thank you so much for continuing to trust us with the care of you and your family!
Rick Quevedo, CEO