Billing & Insurance
1. Can I be billed for my co-payment or agency fee?
- A. No. All co-payments or agency fees must be paid at the time of service. Existing patients that cannot make your payment at the time of service must call prior to appointment to make a payment arrangement.
2. What insurances do you accept?
- A. If you do not see your insurance company listed please contact our office. We may be able to get your insurance approved for in network or out of state companies.
- B. We accept Several major insurances (see list below) as well as Medicaid, United Health and Centennial Heath.
3. Will I be billed by you or my insurance for any office visits?
- A. Your insurance will be billed by Desert View Family Counseling. If there is any remaining balance you will then be billed by us.
- B. All patients will be quoted an approximate cost prior to any treatment. Most insurance approvals are executed within 7 business days.
4. What if I do not have Medicaid or Private Insurance?
- A. All of our fees are based on a sliding fee scale, which is based on your income. For adult trauma or all adolescent services, you or your child may be eligible for grant assistance to help pay for your services. Proof of income is required to qualify.
5. Do I need a referral from a doctor?
- A. If you would like a new client visit, you can make an appointment without a provider referral, however it is helpful if you have seen a doctor or psychiatrist regarding your condition; if so we will need for you to sign a release of information to give us permission to request their notes and information regarding your past treatment.
Accepted Insurances (If you do not see your insurance call 505-592-0261 to verify coverage)
- BLUECROSS BLUESHIELD (Medicaid and Private)
- CENTENNIAL CARE
- CIGNA GROUP
- I.H.S REFERRALS
- MOLINA HEALTH (Medicaid and Private)
- PRESBYTERIAN HEALTH (Medicaid and Private)
- SAN JUAN IPA
- TALL TREE
- UNITED HEALTHCARE