About this Service
Individualized care plan for high-need, high-risk youth and their families.
This position helps youth and families to identify a support team who will collaboratively design a plan based upon family needs, strength, goals, and the youth’s vision.
- Youth ages 16 up to 25 years of age.
- SED (Serious Emotional Disorder) or SMI (Serious Mental Illness)
- Two or More: Involved in protective services , juvenile justice services, child welfare, special education, IEP (Individualized Education Plan) with schools, and/or behavioral services.
- Functional Impairment in one life domain: Education, vocation, social, housing, legal, intellectual and developmental disability.
- In or at-risk of an out-of-home placement.
Duration and Referrals
- Voluntary Program which typically last 1 year to 18 months.
- Referral can be from any source
- Each facilitator can only have 10 youth on the program.
Wraparound is Comprehensive, Accessible, Responsive, Effective and Strengths-Based.
- Wraparound is a youth and family-driven, solution-focused process.
- It utilizes the strengths of a child and family as well as their supports to create an individualized plan.
- This plan is designed to meet the family’s needs and reach their desired outcomes.
- Wraparound is very individualized, and places families and youth in the driver’s seat.
- They determine what is ultimately best for their family.
- Wraparound acknowledges the role that system advocates (e.g. juvenile justice, protective services) may be playing in the family’s life.
- These advocates help them create strategies that meet the needs of those involved.
- Through partnering with and truly listening to the youth and family, facilitators of the Wraparound process bring together a team of people to come up with ways to provide real help to the family that will last beyond their time with formal system involvement.