Time Limited Reunification (TLR)
Time Limited Reunification (T.L.R.)
About this service
- Time Limited Reunification is an Intensive home based program that support families in reunifying with their children in CYFD PS (Children’s Youth & Families Department Protective Custody) custody.
- This includes assisting parents in complying with their treatment plan, in order to assist in reunifying families in a specific time-frame.
- CYFD can only make referrals when they determine that a child will reunify with his/her parents. Only families who meet the following criteria can be referred:
- Child has been in CYFD custody for less than 12 months
- Trial home visits will begin four months from TLR (time limited reunification) referral date.
Duration and Referral
- Services can be provided up to 15 months following the date of the trial home visit
- Referrals can only come from CYFD