More billing questions…

Who will bill my insurance?

Desert View Family Services and Counseling will first bill the health insurance company on your behalf.

If the bill is unpaid because the insurance company states you no longer have health insurance coverage, we will send you a bill.

If you have changed insurance companies… contact us as soon as possible so we can change the information on file and bill the account correctly.

I received a billing statement, but all it shows are total charges. Can I ask for an itemized bill? Yes. If you would like a copy of an itemized statement, please contact business services, 505.592-0263. (DeYan)

I have coverage under both my insurance and my spouse. Since the deductible is less under my spouses insurance, can you bill their insurance and not mine?

Unfortunately, under a provision called coordination of benefits, we are required to bill the insurance that would be considered primary for you. Any health insurance for which you are the primary holder must be billed before any other health insurance.

How will I know how much I will need to pay? Your insurance policy should explain your benefits, the contract is between you and your insurance agency. If you do not have insurance we have options and we encourage you to visit our financial arrangements page. To determine if you qualify for payment assistance, contact a San Juan Regional Medical Center Financial Counselors near our main hospital registration between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or call 505.609.6288 or 1-800.878.6180.

Where can I find answers to questions about Medicare? Go to www.medicare.gov for more information on Medicare.